According to Al Gurley's introduction to the second sermon in this series, the elders decided this time around to cover the book of Mark somewhat topically. The themes of this series came out of the elders' study of Mark's gospel, but several of the sermons spent little time on Mark itself but instead looked at a theme found in Mark but looked at across scripture. Sometimes I've listed those passages below, but sometimes they were too numerous, with nothing standing out as central. Some of the Mark passages that initially led to a particular sermon topic are listed in the official list of sermon passages but get little or even no mention in the sermon. There was no introduction/preaching schedule for this unit on Mark. The introductions to sermons 3, 6, and 8 by Jeremy Jackson explained some of the thematic organization of the sermons surrounding those weeks.
1. Mark 1:1-20 Repent and Believe (Jeremy Jackson) 1-10-82
2. Mark 1:16-20; Luke 5:1-11 Fishers of Men (Al Gurley) 1-17-82
3. Mark 4:1-25 The Preaching of Jesus (Jeremy Jackson) 1-24-82
4. Mark 1:22; Jeremiah 18:1-6; Daniel 2:20-22; Daniel 4:17b; Romans 13:1b The Authority of Jesus (Al Gurley) 1-31-82
5. Mark 2:8-12; 6:5-6 Healing as Doing the Truth (Bill Finch) 2-7-82
6. Mark 4:35-41 Place of Miracles in Jesus' Ministry (Jeremy Jackson) 2-14-82
7. Mark 1:1,9-12,14,16-21,23-45; 2:23-3:5; 7:1-13; 8:31; 11:15-17; 14:12-16; Isaiah 53:11-12 Obedience of Christ and Our Obedience (Al Gurley) 2-21-82
8. Mark 8:27-30;9:2-8 Who do men say that I am? (Jeremy Jackson) 2-28-82
9. Mark 8:31-32; Acts 3:16-18 The Son of Man must suffer (Bill Finch) 3-7-82
10. Mark 8:32-33; Isaiah 14:12-15; Ezekiel 28.11-19; Revelation 20:1-10 Satan and his opposition to Christ (Al Gurley) 3-14-82
11. Mark 8:27-38 Not being ashamed of Christ's Sacrifice (Jeremy Jackson) 3-21-82
12. Mark 8:31; 9:31; 10:33-34,45; 14:22-24; 15:33-35,37-39; Romans 5:6-11; I Corinthians 1:18-25; 2:1-5,13 The Meaning of Christ's Sacrifice (Jeremy Jackson) 3-28-82
13. Mark 8:34; II Cor 4:1-12 The purpose of the cross: sonship, suffering, & ? (Al Gurley) 4-4-82
14. Mark 16:1-6; I Corinthians 15:1-7,12-14,45,51-58; Colossians 1:15-16 The resurrection (Bill Finch) 4-11-82
For more sermons, see here.