Not having preached through I Thessalonians since 1978, the elders decided to include two sermons on the eschatological section of I Thessalonians spliced into the II Thessalonians sermons to give some sense of the background behind Paul's correspondence with the Thessalonian church and to present a fuller sense of Paul's overall eschatological teaching.
The introduction and preaching schedule for this unit can be found here.
1. II Thessalonians 1 "Steadfastness and faith in persecutions" (Jeremy Jackson) 7-22-01
2. II Thessalonians 2:1-12 "Let noone deceive you in any way" (Jeremy Jackson) 7-29-01
3. I Thessalonians 4:13-18 "The Lord himself will descend" (Doug Weeks) 8-12-01
4. I Thessalonians 5:1-11 "So then let us not sleep" (Doug Weeks) 8-19-01
5. II Thessalonians 2:13-3:5 "So then, brethren, stand firm" (Stefan Matzal) 8-26-01
6. II Thessalonians 3:6-18 "Brethren, be not weary in well-doing" (Bill Greenman) 9-2-01
Al Gurley preached on II Thessalonians 2:16-3:18 in 1982. See the topical sermons here.
For more sermons, see here.